Here are the steps to take before and after submitting your exam order.
1 Keep updating your order as needed.
As you organize your exam order for submission, and even after you submit the order, it’s important to manage changes in student enrollment and make necessary updates to your student roster in AP Registration and Ordering.
Remember to check for:
- Students who need to enroll in a class section or exam only section after initial enrollment has been completed or your initial exam order has been submitted (not transfer students)
- Students who transfer to your school
- Students who transfer out of your school
- Students who move from one class section of a course to another class section for the same course
- Students who drop a course and who may or may not still be taking the exam
See more information about special ordering circumstances.
After you submit your initial exam order, you’ll need to submit changes to your order any time you make an adjustment or update.
2 Verify information in the exam roster.
On the Orders page in AP Registration and Ordering, review the information in All Exams, which displays a summary of all the exams that will be included in your exam order based on information in the Students section.
Review the following information on the Orders page and make any necessary changes.
- Not Taking Exam: Verify that students whose Order Exam? status is set as No or Undecided don’t intend to take the AP Exam. If any students have a status of Undecided, check with them to resolve their exam registration (either to No or Yes) before you submit your exam order.
- Exam Date: Review the exam date listed for each course. If you know you need both standard and late exams for a particular course but only standard is listed, you’ll need to review the exam date listed for students and switch the appropriate students to late testing.
- Reduced Fee: Account for known fee reductions. You’ll be able to update students’ fee reduction status after submitting your exam order. The deadline to indicate students’ fee reduction statuses in AP Registration and Ordering is April 30, 2021 (11:59 p.m. ET).
- SSD Materials: Account for special exam materials for students with approved or expected accommodations.
Important: Submit your order even if you don’t yet have information about students’ fee reduction status, students who may need late testing, or students’ accommodations approvals. You’ll be able to update this information at a later point without incurring any fees.
3 Change student exam decisions as needed.
If you need to change a student’s exam decision, go to the Students page, and select the appropriate choice next to the student’s name in the Order Exam? column.
To cancel a student’s exam, change their Order Exam? status to No.
Note: Even if a student isn’t taking the exam for an AP class section they’re enrolled in, they still have access to AP Classroom resources assigned by their teacher for that class section.
4 Submit the order.
After you’ve made any necessary adjustments to the order, review the exam information shown on your Orders page in AP Registration and Ordering. To submit your exam order, click the Submit button and confirm you want to submit the order.
5 Submit changes to your initial exam order as needed.
The first time you submit your exam order is considered your initial order. If you need to make updates after submitting your initial exam order, you need to submit these changes through AP Registration and Ordering. Changes could include new student enrollments, students transferring to or out of your school, alternate exams for late testing, or special exam materials for students with accommodations. If you have unsubmitted changes, you’ll see the message View unsubmitted changes on the Orders page in AP Registration and Ordering.
You can submit changes to your order as many times as necessary until the November 13 final ordering deadline without incurring any late order fees. New exam orders submitted after November 13 may incur late order fees.
The following table outlines the tasks that need to be completed by the November 13 ordering deadline and which tasks can be completed at a later point.
Must Be Completed by Nov. 13 Ordering Deadline
Can Be Completed After Nov. 13
For more information about finalizing your exam order in AP Registration and Ordering, please see the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 1.
For Coordinators: Setup, Enrollment, and Ordering
An overview and timeline of the steps coordinators, teachers, and students need to take before the final ordering deadline.
AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 1 2020-21
This manual provides detailed information about everything AP coordinators need to do from the start of the school year through the November 13 exam ordering deadline.