- AP coordinator at Princeton High School in Texas.
- Her AP program has 8 classes, 150 enrollments, and 150 exams.
- 2018-19 school start date: August 16, 2018.
Wendy collected an exam fee deposit from AP students in August. In December 2018, Texas published its subsidy policy for students eligible for a fee reduction.
She collected exam fee balances from AP students starting in January 2019 using Achievement Point Test Service (APTS).
How She Did It
AP course sign-up
- AP students at Wendy’s school are required to take the exams. Students signed a school contract.
- Students enrolled in their class sections at the beginning of the school year during in-class sessions. Students can make changes to their enrollment during the first 3 weeks of school.
- January was the school’s window for second semester changes.
Exam order reconciliation and payment tracking
From August 2018 to January 2019, Wendy followed this process to confirm her exam roster and collect payment:
- After students enrolled in class sections, Wendy downloaded the AP Registration and Ordering student roster. She compared the roster against the student information from Infinite Campus (the school’s student information system).
- Within the first 3 weeks of school, Wendy collected a deposit from all AP students using APTS.
- Wendy submitted her initial exam order by October 4.
- In December 2018, Texas published its subsidy policy for 2019 AP Exams and Wendy verified students’ fee reduction status.
- In January, students identified second semester course changes; Wendy began collecting the balance of exam payment from students using APTS.
- The deadline for students to submit the balance of their exam payment was March 8, the week before the school’s spring break.
Observations and advice
- Cost and ease of use were major factors in selecting APTS to assist with AP Exam payment collection at Wendy’s school.
- Wendy waited to collect the balance of exam payment from students until after her state had published its subsidy policy for students eligible for a fee reduction.