(This timeline is for full-year and first-semester courses. For second-semester courses, you'll complete most of these steps at the start of the semester.)
- Before class starts, sign in to myap.collegeboard.org and access the join code for your class sections. See Helping Students Join Your AP Class Section for details.
- On the first day of class, give your AP Art and Design students the join code for your class sections so they can enroll in your class through My AP.
- Go over the portfolio requirements with your students and help them become familiar with the scoring rubrics for the 2-D Art and Design, 3-D Art and Design, and Drawing Portfolio Exams.
- Make sure your students know about the digital submission process.
- Encourage students to begin working on their portfolios.
- Work with your students to capture digital images of their artworks that adhere to the image recommendations and requirements.
- Your AP coordinator should set up your school's access to the AP Art and Design digital submission web application during this time and send you access information.
- Set up access to the web application (if necessary). If you used the application previously, you should use your existing account credentials.
- As soon as it's available, pass access information (including your school code and teacher key) to Art and Design students.
- Support students who need help setting up their access to the web application.
- Encourage students to continue working on their portfolios.
- Make sure students have set up their access to the AP Art and Design digital submission web application and have chosen the correct portfolio type (i.e., 2-D Art and Design, 3-D Art and Design, or Drawing).
- Ensure students continue to work on their portfolios and upload images throughout the winter and spring. (Images can always be deleted or rearranged later.)
- Establish and communicate a firm deadline for students to forward finalized digital portfolios to you so you have time to forward them to your AP coordinator.
- Confirm with your AP coordinator when you'll forward them your students' digital portfolios. This date should be well before May 20, 2021.
- Forward students' completed digital portfolios to your AP coordinator well in advance of the May 20 submission deadline.
- By May 20, 2021, 11:59 p.m. ET: AP coordinators forward students' digital portfolios to the AP Program.