beginning of content:

Register Your School

  • Any school in the world that wishes to administer AP Exams must follow standard procedures. Start by completing a few simple steps to get approved.
  • Read details about deadlines, security policies, and procedures for ordering, administering, and paying for exams.
  • Keep your school's AP contacts current. For security purposes, AP can only discuss your school's AP program administration with the AP contacts indicated on your school's AP Participation Form. AP coordinators need to complete the AP Participation Form online at the start of the school year. If the designated AP coordinator or alternate AP coordinator changes at your school, the contact information should be updated through AP Registration and Ordering as soon as possible.
  • AP Exam orders are submitted in November the year prior to exams.

Administer the AP Exam

Testing in China

Information for Schools in China

Not every school in China is permitted to administer AP Exams, even if authorized to offer AP courses. Your school will be informed at the time you receive your AP School Code if you’re able to administer exams or not:

  • Schools authorized by the AP Program to administer AP Exams should follow standard procedures for exam administration. These schools may choose to administer AP Exams to their own students as well as to external students. Students attending these schools should get information about AP Exams from their school's AP coordinator.
  • Schools governed by the Chinese Ministry of Education that serve Chinese nationals must instruct their students to take AP Exams at designated test centers operated by Prometric, an AP testing partner for 2021-22. Schools and students must follow Prometric’s timeline for China to register in fall 2021 for May 2022 AP Exams. Instructions will be sent directly to the school’s AP coordinator. Students can visit the Prometric site for more information.

Information for Students in China

  • Chinese nationals: 
    • Students attending an AP school assigned to an AP authorized test center run by Prometric will receive exam registration instructions from their AP coordinator.
    • Students interested in taking AP Exam subjects not offered at AP test centers in mainland China, as well as students not eligible to register at a test center in mainland China, have the option to register with other open test centers (see below).
  • Foreign nationals studying in China: International students who aren’t enrolled at an AP school or who are visiting/traveling in China during the exam period can find an alternate school for testing (see below).
  • Note: Students must be registered for AP Exams by November prior to the testing year—registration deadlines will vary. Not all schools/test centers offer registration past November and those that do may charge late registration fees.

Testing at Alternate Schools or Open Test Centers

Students from schools that do not offer AP Exams or self-study/homeschooled students can find an alternate school for testing or take the exams at any open AP test center.

Find test centers authorized by the AP Program in:

Check with each test center for registration policies and procedures. Fees, subjects offered, registration deadlines, and additional testing policies vary at these authorized test centers.

If you're sending students to test at another school or an AP test center, your school will only receive a student's scores if:

  • Your school is indicated in the student's registration in My AP as the school they attend.
  • A student taking an individual course at your school is enrolled in the corresponding class section for that subject through My AP.

AP Services for Educators

If your school is considering adding AP or if you have questions, contact AP Services for Educators:

AP Services for Educators Contact Form

Live Chat: A blue Live Chat button will appear on the right side of an AP Central page when a direct connection to an AP Services for Educators representative is available during business hours.