Colleges can choose to participate in Internet Delivery of Scores in addition to or in lieu of paper delivery by completing the College and University AP Score Reporting Services Order Form, sent to each college in April.
- Schools may elect to participate in electronic score reporting at any time in the year. However, in order to receive scores electronically in time for initial July 2020 reporting, colleges must contact AP Services no later than May 15, 2020. Requests received after May 15 will be accommodated with follow-up score reporting.
- Colleges that don't receive this form or that wish to make a modification to their current delivery model should contact AP Code Control at 609-771-7091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet Delivery: Format and Requirements
Internet Delivery of Scores is available free of charge in a non-delimited flat-file format (ASCII). Institutions will need to acquire or purchase the required software, either PGP Desktop Professional 2.6.2 and higher, or GnuPG 2.0 and higher. If you currently have GnuPG or PGP Desktop Professional, make sure it’s one of these supported versions that can create the 2048-bit RSA key required to receive AP score data electronically:
- Internet delivery of scores uses an anonymous server.
- After scores are processed, the electronic score report is placed on the server, triggering an email informing schools that data are available for download.
- The email contains an internet address that can then be accessed to collect, save, and process the data.
Important Updates—Effective July 8, 2020
Review the following updates with your IT/operations staff and/or student information system vendor to see if your institution needs to take additional steps to be ready to receive scores in July 2020:
- AP ID/AP Number: Students are assigned a unique, alphanumeric code known as an AP ID. As of the 2019-20 school year, the AP ID takes the place of the AP number that students were given in previous years. The AP ID may remain the same for consecutive years.
- Gender: The data field previously titled “SEX” will be changed to “GENDER,” and the valid values will be expanded to include “A=ANOTHER.”
- Course Name Changes: AP Studio Art: 2-D Design, AP Studio Art: 3-D Design, and AP Studio Art: Drawing are now AP 2-D Art and Design, AP 3-D Art and Design, and AP Drawing. AP World History is now AP World History: Modern.
College Board has provided these resources to help you interpret the electronic files:
- 2020 AP Student Data Record Layout (.pdf/596KB)—effective July 8, 2020
- Sample AP ESR Test File (.txt/38KB)
For more about Internet Delivery of Scores, contact: AP Code Control at 609-771-7091 or email email@example.com.